Monday, November 28, 2005

A Lesson From Jay Feely...

A lesson from Jay Feely…



Jay Feely missed three potentially game-winning field goals on Sunday. Despite this disgraceful debacle, his post game performance was refreshingly mature.

Before coach Coughlin could address the team, Feely stood and said,

“I'm sorry I let you down. People are going to say it's a team game and they're going to say the right things. But the fact of the matter is that you've got to come through when you have one opportunity -- much less two good opportunities."

He may not have a job for long, but he’ll have his integrity. Let this be a lesson for everybody. When you blow it, have the integrity to take responsibility. It’s ok. It won’t kill you to be humble. Truth is, it will most likely help you.

I may not want Jay Feely as a kicker on my fantasy football team, but I wouldn’t mind having someone like him as an employee, a business partner, or a friend. We all need this kind of integrity in our lives, and at one point or another we’ve all needed to be this humble.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, December 01, 2005 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Russ said...

I may not want Mac as a buddy on my fantasy friendship team, but I wouldn’t mind having someone like him as a kicker, wide receiver, or a QB. We all need this kind of skill in our lives, and at one point or another we’ve all needed to be this talented.

Thanks Mac.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home